New Apollo Twin MkII Audio Interface for Mac and Windows Systems Now Shipping
– Apollo Twin MkII delivers next-generation sound quality with Unison Technology, Realtime UAD Processing, UAD-2 QUAD processing, talkback functionality and improved monitoring functions to Mac and Windows users over Thunderbolt
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA * January 18, 2017 – Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is proud to announce that Apollo Twin MkII – a ground-up redesign of the world’s most popular professional desktop recording interface for Mac and Windows – is now available in stores worldwide.
Featuring onboard Realtime UAD-2 SOLO, DUO, or all new QUAD Core processing, this 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A next-generation conversion – offering increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD.
Apollo Twin MkII also features Unison technology, which allows its dual mic preamps and front-panel DI to sound and behave like the world’s most sought-after tube and solid state preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes – including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors.
Based on breakthrough integration between Apollo’s digitally controlled analog inputs and its onboard UAD processing, Unison lets Apollo Twin MkII owners track through a range of colorful preamp emulations from Neve, API, Fender, and more with amazing accuracy.*
Apollo Twin MkII also offers improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin – with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent, or for recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Apollo Twin MkII comes with Universal Audio’s “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle, featuring legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, as well as the 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ plug-in, and Softube Amp Room Essentials.
Apollo Twin MkII Audio Interface – Key Features:
– Desktop 2×6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
– Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
– Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
– Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
– Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
– 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
– 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
– Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
– Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
– Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, Audio Units, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Get high-resolution images of the new Apollo Twin:
Learn more about the new Apollo Twin:
Learn more about award-winning Apollo audio interfaces here:
Learn more about award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins:
About UAD Powered Plug-Ins
Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.”