Offering two channels of iconic diode bridge compression, the Rupert Neve Designs 5254 Dual Diode Bridge Compressor is a thoughtfully improved and refined compressor for modern tracking, mixing, and mastering.
Since the early 1970s, Rupert Neve’s early diode bridge compressors have been revered for the punch & glue they bring to drums, instruments, and the mix buss – but these desirable characteristics were unfortunately accompanied by inflexible controls and fairly limited versatility.
Rupert Neve Designs created the 5254 Dual Diode Bridge Compressor to capture the soul of these coveted compressors while providing modern updates including advanced timing control, significantly lower noise, fully stepped controls throughout, higher voltage power rails, and internal parallel processing capabilities. The harmonically rich tonality of the Dual Diode Bridge Compressor is built to produce a wide range of colours – and built to help you make a statement with your music.
Features at a glance:
– Classic Diode Bridge Tone; capture the punchy, larger-than-life tone used on countless hit records for the last 50 years
– Advanced timing controls; shape your compression envelope with the unified timing control, which enables a much wider range of responses than vintage units or clones
– Custom Transformers and Class-A Line Amplifiers; vintage warmth meets the improved headroom and precision of Rupert Neve’s updated transformer-coupled line stages
– Blend knob allows for built-In parallel compression
– Enhanced sidechain detection provides substantially more accuracy
– Stereo Linking