UNIVERSAL AUDIO INTRODUCES NEW APOLLO TWIN USB FOR WINDOWS
Apollo Twin USB reinvents desktop recording by delivering legendary analog studio sound, feel, and flow to music creators everywhere. This 2×6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows-based machines (Windows 7 and 8) combines the impeccable 24/192 kHz audio conversion of Universal Audio’s acclaimed Apollo series with onboard Realtime UAD Processing and Unison technology – a breakthrough in classic mic preamp emulation.
With its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing, Apollo Twin USB lets you record your music in real time (at near-zero latency) through the full range of UAD plug-ins – from Neve, Studer, Manley, Marshall, Lexicon, API, and more* – putting racks of vintage EQs, compressors, mic preamps, tape machines, reverbs, and guitar amps at your fingertips.
Apollo Twin USB also features Unison technology, which allows its mic preamps and front-panel DIs to sound and behave like the world’s most sought-after tube and solid state preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes – including their all-important impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviors.
Apollo Twin USB’s smart feature set includes two class-leading mic/line preamps, two analog line outputs, two digitally-controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels, and up to eight additional channels of digital input via Optical connection. Its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core processing lets you use UAD plug-ins both during realtime tracking and for mixing within Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, and more.
With its ergonomic desktop design, rugged aluminum construction, and front panel headphone and instrument connections, Apollo Twin USB has all the right tools, all in the right place.
Apollo Twin USB Key Features
- Desktop 2×6 USB 3 audio interface with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage Compressors, EQs, Tape Machines, Mic Preamps, and Guitar Amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency
- Unison technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Combine with UAD-2 DSP Accelerators for added UAD plug-in processing power
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy editions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS & AAX 64